Tuesday, June 24, 2008

hjordis Kjeller - Prey/Slave

Name (Full SL Name): hjordis Kjeller

Age: unknown, though she has been wandering far from home for many winters

Your group/occupation/level: prey/slave, odd jobs

Brief background story of your character:
I spent much of my childhood in northern Brittnia, however, since adolescence, I have been wandering and restless, hoping for peace. I never knew my true father, but my mother remarried in my childhood, and was killed by that man's tyranny. He threw me out into the cold shortly after that, and I did what I had to do to survive. I worked in many unspeakable places, was treated poorly and knew little comfort. I fell in love with a young man I met in town at a young age, the only man I have ever known who was kind to me. He swore his love for me, and promised he would give me the kind, comfortable life he felt I deserved. But my employer at the time learned of our secret meetings and threatened to have my young man arrested and killed if we continued to meet (actually, I believed that he would have my love killed anyway, simply because he could!). Out of fear for my love, I ran. I found my sanctuary on a ship, leaving my homelandfar behind, swearing that I would hold my love's promise a deep secret in my heart, and draw my strength from it for the remainder of my days. I believe that evil man who seperated us is now long dead, for it has been many years that I have been running. Here, in the city of Ireem, I pray to find peace from the restlessness that have plagued me these many years. But now I know not where my love is, and will never speak his name, lest another jealous master use him against me. If we ever do meet again, I know that he will know me and rescue me from my plight, whatever it might be. In the meantime, I will do what must be done to survive.

Character personality traits, strengths, flaws:
I am headstrong and wise, but find fault with myself in that I am still far too trusting. My mouth gets me into more trouble than it is worth at times, even when my intentions are good. I do my best to please my master but will take correction without complaint when it is deserved.

No comments: